When you make a big decision in your life, it often happens that you start seeing little signs of inspiration for your journey in everyday life. And your migration journey is no different.
I remember meeting a friend in Oxford for the day before we left the UK to move to Australia. It was a city I knew well, but somehow in our wanderings, we took a wrong turn and ended up turning down a lane I had not been down before.
And there at the end of the lane, staring me in the face, was a massive billboard by the Northern Territory that said “There’s nothing like an Aussie adventure”.
That really did inspire me even more, and so I’ve put together some inspirational quotes about migrating to help inspire you.
If you’ve been looking for a sign – this is it!
Inspirational Quotes About Migration
1. You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending. – Unknown
2. The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are. – JP Morgan
3. Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will. – Suzy Kassem
4. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seems, smarter than you think and more loved than you know. – AA Milne
5. Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. – Zig Ziglar
6. Your hardest times will often lead to the greatest moments of your life. – Roy T Bennett
7. It’s ok to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave. – Mandy Hale
8. If we wait until we are ready, we’ll be waiting for the rest of our lives – Lemony Snicket
9. Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to – it’s not for them. – Joubert Botha
10. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. – Neale Donald Walsch
11. There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind. – CS Lewis
12. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. – Helen Keller
13. So here you are, too foreign for home, too foreign for here, never enough for both. – Ijeoma Umebinyuo
14. It always seems impossible until it is done. – Nelson Mandela
15. You will never completely be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place. – Miriam Adeney
16. It’s a funny thing coming home. Nothing changes, everything looks the same, feels the same, even smells the same. You realise what’s changed, is you. – Eric Roth
17. When you move from one country to another you have to accept that there are some things that are better and some things that are worse, and there is nothing you can do about it. – Bill Bryson
18. Let your past make you better, not bitter. – Unknown
What are your favourite inspirational quotes about migration? Let me know in the comments below.